[vtkusers] how can I get VTK5.0 to work with Python2.5

Benjamin Hoerni66 at gmx.de
Mon May 28 14:39:46 EDT 2007

to all,

I have already downloaded a built version of VTK 5.0. I'm a windows user (mea culpa, mea mxima culpa) but I do not have the vtkTkRenderWidget.py within this built version nor do I know what to do with the files I have downloaded and unpacked.
There are the folders: bin, include and lib. Where must I put which files to my Python25 directory to make it possible to use import VTK if I copy the folder VTK from the sitepackages-folder of VTK  to my Python25\Lib\sitepackages- folder I cannot use import VTK because there are still some files that he doesn't find. I'M sorry but I didn't find a helpful guide for VTK-installation searching the web. I know that this may be a FAQ but I cannot help myself asking it.

Sincerly
Ben