[vtkusers] Install FFMPEG

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Sat May 26 22:23:30 EDT 2007

Hi Janny,

I think that you are navigating uncharted territory. We intended the ffmpeg
library to be used on Linux and Mac platforms and for windows users to use
the native AVI writing library. I do not know of anyone else who has tried
to get the library to compile and link to VTK on windows. Also we have not
tested VTK against a more recent version of ffmpeg. I would guess that the
ffmpeg library has changed significantly since we first started using it,
which is why cmake can not find what it needs in the up to date version that
you have.

sorry,
Dave DeMarle