[vtkusers] VtkDelaunay2d Problem

Godofredo godofredoiii at gmail.com
Thu May 24 03:06:00 EDT 2007

Hi. As I see from your images you seem to be interested in obtaining the
surface of a volume. In that case you should use Delaunay3D. The Delaunay2D
triangulation projects all points on the XY plane (which you can change to
another 2D plane by applying a transform in Delaunay2D filter) so if there
are coincident points in the projection on the XY plane, or points that lie
inside of triangles you want to create it would make poor results (due to
Delaunay algorithm conditions).

You could still use Delaunay2D to make the triangulation of your data but
you would need to do at least two Delaunay2D calls with two transformations
just to make sure that the points projection in XY plane don't have
coincident points or points that lie inside triangles you want to create.
And then you should join those two triangulations. So I really think
vtkDelaunay3D would be a better solution. Hope this helps.