[vtkusers] Looking for AMR data

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Thu May 24 00:43:33 EDT 2007

Hello,

We currently have two interns at Kitware who are working on an
NSF-funded "Research Experience for Undergraduates" (REU) project
related to our SBIR on visualizing Adaptive Mesh Refinement (AMR) data.
The goal of their project is to apply the AMR visualization techniques
that we are developing to some "real world" data - creating images,
animations, small demo applications, and a case-study report.

Kitware is seeking researchers with AMR data who are willing to provide
some example data for use in this project. In exchange, you will receive
copies of all images, animations, demo applications and reports
generated using your data. You will have early access to these new
visualization algorithms (before they become part of VTK / ParaView),
and you will help ensure that when these algorithms are released they
will work well with your data.

If you are interested in contributing data, or would like more
information on the project, please send email to Lisa Avila at
lisa.avila at kitware.com.

Thank you,

Lisa