[vtkusers] How to manually modify vtkPoints data and update the view?

Marc Baaden baaden at smplinux.de
Mon May 21 18:32:51 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am working on a simple visualization of a molecule whose coordinates are
read into VTK using vtkPDBReader(), which stores them as vtkPoints. I then
create some spheres and tubes to represent the molecule.

I want to modify the actual coordinates using data from a calculation routine
and subsequently trigger an update of the view.

I manage to change the coordinates using SetPoint() and am able to check they
are successfully changed by using PrintSelf.

How do I get the view (tubes, spheres depending on the points) to update?
Is using SetPoint the computationnally most efficient way to change the coordinates?

Thanks in advance,
  Marc Baaden