[vtkusers] Lib files in VTK Linux

Hendrik Belitz hbelitz at darkon.info
Mon May 21 02:46:43 EDT 2007

Hi Pragya,

please take notice that the build process on Unix differs significantly from the according process on windows. Where your libraries can be found depends on your choice whether to build an in-source or out-source build. In the case you invoked cmake directly in your VTKSRCDIR (in-source), libraries will be located in VTKSRCDIR/lib, while invoking cmake in a separate Build directory BUILD will put them into BUILD/lib.

Additionally I would strongly encourage to install the VTK libraries and headers by a call of "make install" before using them at all.

Hope this helps,
 Hendrik

Pragya Sinha hat am 21. Mai 2007 um 06:34 geschrieben:
> Hi all, I have compiled VTK from source code using CMake in LINUX(SUSE 10.2), but i am unable to find the libraries which is found as in windows : VTKBUILDIRECTORY\bin\debug . Can anybody sort out the problem. Thanks in advance. Regards, Pragya
Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today! http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48517/*http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7 hot CTA = Join our Network Research Panel

Brilliance is typically the act of an individual, but incredible
stupidity can usually be traced to an organization. - Jon Bentley

Hendrik Belitz, Computer Scientist
email: hbelitz at computer.org or hbelitz at ieee.org