[vtkusers] binary mask to region/polydata

Luca Pamparana luca.pamparana at gmail.com
Fri May 4 10:25:12 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if there is a vtk filter that can do the following:

- I have some medical data which is simply a binary image that defines a
closed region (like a segmented structure for example).

So, is there any vtk filter that will give me this region as a set of
numbers for example. I am not sure how these numbers will be seperated in
space. Ideally, "curvy" regions should have more sample points than linear
ones. Anyways, basically what I am looking for is an image->polydata kind of
filter, I guess.

I would be really grateful if you could give some suggestions.

Thanks,
Luca