[vtkusers] VTK on Mac

frederika rambu ngana frederikarambungana at yahoo.com
Fri May 4 04:25:44 EDT 2007

>> What error message did you get?

Here is the error message I got :

CMake Error: Error in cmake code at

/Development/VTKsource/CMake/vtkLoadCMakeExtensions.cmake:7:
 LOAD_COMMAND Attempt to load the library
/Development/VKTbuild/CMake/libcmVTK_WRAP_TCL2.so
failed.

 CMake Error: Error in cmake code at

/Development/VTKsource/CMake/vtkLoadCMakeExtensions.cmake:17:
 A command failed during the invocation of macro
"VTK_LOAD_SINGLE_CMAKE_EXTENSION".

NOTE: I also have followed advice from Sean to make
folder Source and Build  separately on  folder
Development: VTKsource folder for SOURCE tree,
VTKbuild for BUILD tree.

First, untared+installed cmake-2.0.3-darwin.tar.gz.
Second, copied vtk-src-unix from CD to VTKsource
Third, on VTKbuild typed : ccmake ../VTKsource/

result : I got terminal of ccmake. After typing "c"
for configure, there was a error message.

-Frederika-

--- Amy Squillacote <amy.squillacote at kitware.com>