[vtkusers] continuous rendering from vtkVideoSource

Tim Soper tim_d_soper at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 31 16:54:16 EDT 2007

David-

     Thanks for the reply. It helps to have some options eliminated. The sample application I gave you was just a test program. In actuality I am integrating this into a Qt application with multiple windows each displaying different information. Only one of these windows contains the video source. My present plan is to create a global flag that gets set to true in the ModifiedEvent callback. Then I should only need some sort of timer to be integrated into the program which sends an event every so many milliseconds. When I originally wrote code to do this in C# they had a handy timer control for which the user could set a predetermined pause and a callback function in which I could place a call to Render( ). It sounds as though that is not possible in VTK (or that it is dependent on mouse interaction).  If that's the case should it be possible to write a custom VTK command timer ? I may also investigate the possibility of using some sort of Qt based timer event through
 SIGNAL/SLOT connections, although I find it best to separate GUI-dependent code from the VTK code. Thoughts?

Tim