[vtkusers] VTK Glossary

peter schaafsma peterjetzeschaafsma at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 28 06:47:20 EDT 2007

Hi,

When starting off with VTK a couple of weeks ago, I remember struggling with
basic the terminology. I took me quite a while, considering what the
actually mean, to figure out exactly how spacing and extent were defined in
VTK. And now I wonder, since I probably need it, what exactly is a piece,
and what is numberofpieces. Not that I expect it to be hard to find out, as
I can imagine what they mean, but my main question is: Why is there no VTK
glossary, or, even better, the ability to extend the wiki with such terms?
This would greatly benefit new users, and flatten the VTK learning curve.

Peter