[vtkusers] Capturing Video with VTk

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Tue Mar 27 14:16:35 EDT 2007

Hi Mark,

If the Media Converter shows up as a video digitizer under windows, then
you should be able to use vtkWin32VideoSource with it.   You can look
around to see if Sony provides Video for Windows compatible drivers for it.

I have attached a short tcl program for grabbing video with
vtkWin32VideoSource.

The vtkMILVideoSource works well, but has only been properly tested up
to MIL version 7, as far as I know.

 - David