[vtkusers] Capturing Video with VTk

Mark Roberts mroberts at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Mar 27 14:02:52 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have an ultrasound machine that I am going to be capturing screenshots
from using vtk. Right now I have it plugged into a Sony DV Media
Converter with an S-Video cable. Ideally, I would like to set up a
window that I can stream the ultrasound video into and then capture
screen frames. My question is, I am not sure how to begin this project
and wondered if there was anyone who had any ideas?

Should I get a Matrox graphics card and use vtkMILVideoSource? Should I
try to use vtkWin32VideoSource and how do I use it? Any and all help is
greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Mark Roberts