[vtkusers] Building Python bindings on OS X

Russel Howe russel at appliedminds.net
Fri Mar 23 19:12:21 EDT 2007

> Which version of OS X?  PPC or Intel?  Is there a reason you are using
10.4 intel

> DarwinPorts?  Do you really want 4.2?  I've never used DarwinPorts nor
I always try DarwinPorts first, if it works it is the simplest way to
install something.
4.2 was what was in DP, and the latest on Sourceforge, seemed like a
good choice.  I downloaded 5.0.2, it builds, but I have library path
problems now, some things point to my DarwinPorts /opt/local/lib and
some to OS X frameworks.  I think I can figure it out now, using the
newer version looks promising.

Thanks!

Russel