[vtkusers] Bias-Correcting images

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Mar 23 14:20:09 EDT 2007

Hi Arne,

You may want to take a look at the filter:

     itkMRIBiasFieldCorrectionFilter.txx

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1MRIBiasFieldCorrectionFilter.html

You will find an example on the use of this filter at:

       InsightApplications/MRIBiasCorrection

For more details please refer to the following articles:

"Parametric estimate of intensity inhomogeneities applied to MRI"
Martin Styner, Guido Gerig, Christian Brechbuehler, Gabor Szekely,
IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MEDICAL IMAGING; 19(3), pp. 153-165, 2000,
(http://www.cs.unc.edu/~styner/docs/tmi00.pdf)

"Evaluation of 2D/3D bias correction with 1+1ES-optimization"
Martin Styner, Prof. Dr. G. Gerig (IKT, BIWI, ETH Zuerich),
TR-197 (http://www.cs.unc.edu/~styner/docs/StynerTR97.pdf)

   Regards,

       Luis