[vtkusers] Bias-Correcting images

Arne Hansen bsd.diverse at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 12:40:39 EDT 2007

Hello. I have 13 MR-images which have been individually bias-corrected using
a program called N3(Sled, Zijdenbos, & Evans, 1998)

The problem is that the intensities vary across the images, which is very
unfortunate, because i am making a segmentation based on intensity
distributions.
So I need to correct the images, so that they have same intensity for
graymatter, same for whitematter, csf etc.
I have tried just to add a factor to each image found by
factor=mean(allimages)-mean(currentimage)

This did not have the wanted effect however. Are there better ways of doing
this?
Thank you very much.
Regards...