[vtkusers] Interacting with VTK under Mac OS X

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Mar 14 12:09:52 EDT 2007

On 3/13/07 3:37 PM, Miguel Angel Rodriguez Florido said:

>Now, I have only a path problem because when I run the vtk command
>outside the /vtkBin/bin folder it gives me an error like it isn't able
>to load dylibs (even when I have declared the LD_LIBRARY_PATH pointing
>to the folder where the dylibs are). The same happens if I double-click
>vtk in the finder. I think that this is resolved if I create an ".app"
>for Mac.

This is no doubt due to the fact that Mac OS X (annoyingly) puts the
full path within dynamic libraries.  One solution would be to build with
static libraries instead.  I believe there is another solution though,
something to do with 'RPATH' but I don't know the details.  If you
search the list archives, you will see it has been discussed before.

Good luck,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com