[vtkusers] Picking Question

Lillys, Theodore, P.E. tlillys at hgl.com
Sun Mar 11 13:39:44 EDT 2007

I'll try this again.

I am building a column as a structured grid of hexahedrons with scalar
data in a MFC modal dialog (part of an SDI application) and I would like
the user to be able to interrogate a cell to display the scalar value in
a status bar, edit box, tooltip or something).  From what I've read and
researched, I'm assuming this is a "picking" operation as opposed to a
probing operation.  My preference is to use a mouse button event to get
the scalar value, but I can compromise if necessary.  Any C++ examples
out there for providing this functionality?

Any help would be appreciated
Cheers
Ted