[vtkusers] create a VTK project under Xcode on Mac Os X

Francesco Pasqualini docfra81 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 17:41:05 EST 2007

this is my step by step procedure:

Start from the folder

/Kitware

where I create /VTKsrc and /VTKbin folders.

in VTKsrc I put the file I downloaded from the site.

then I go in /Kitware/VTKbin and type

cmake /Kitware/VTK

then

ccmake .

and finally  a couple of instruction

make
sudo make install

now, If I want to build some new project, named NEW, ubicate in the
folder /Kitware/project, I've to go to /Kitware/project/NEW and write
down cmake -G Xcode /Kitware/VTK.
this create a blank project where I can, FINALLY, put my code and be
happy?!

it is correct?

thanks
Francesco