[vtkusers] How to find rendered Cells and their colors

Lim, Theodore T.Lim at hw.ac.uk
Wed Mar 7 12:19:57 EST 2007

Hello everybody.

Is there a way to query the renderer for the cells and its associated colors being rendered?

I would like to extract the cell IDs and its color that is visible at any given camera orientation and position.

It's something like asking the graphics board which pixels (and color) is being displayed.

I'm not sure if this can be done via the vtk classes available. Would appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,

Theo.