[vtkusers] 3D .raw data density values

Michael Knopke Michael.Knopke at gmx.de
Tue Mar 6 08:43:56 EST 2007

Hi Tony,

I'm not sure if this is alright, so use with care :-)

If your dataset is vtkImageData (I guess so) then you can use:

vtkImageData->FindPoint(double x[3]); //where x is in worldspace coordinates

But this will only find the closest point belonging to your original
dataset. So if you select a point in worldspace that has no direct
association to a point in imagedata, the value is not correct.

Data in between needs to be interpolated. A way to get the interpolated
point at a certain position is to use the vtkProbeFilter with your
imagedata. But the output depends on what interpolation type you choose
(linear/cubic..).

Please correct me If I'm wrong.

Regards

Michael