[vtkusers] best way to cut volume

Michael Knopke Michael.Knopke at gmx.de
Fri Mar 2 08:41:19 EST 2007

Hi,

while I'm aware of class vtkExtractVOI, this is not what I want to achieve.
vtkExtractVOI will let me extract only a box of interesst. I want to cut out
any arbitrary shape (spline), so it's probably best to use an implicit
function. There are several classes that work with implicit functions but
always return unstructured grid. To still use the volumedata I need it to be
vtkImageData. Can anybody help.

I want to be able to extract only a part of my volume and visualize it with
raycast or cut out unwanted parts that overlap the view.

Thanks

Michael