[vtkusers] Mixing vtk with Swing

Daniel.Zuidinga at rwth-aachen.de Daniel.Zuidinga at rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jun 28 10:22:30 EDT 2007

Hello vtk-users,

i use vtk with the java-wrappings and have the problem with the mixing of heavyweight awt and lightweight swing components (especially menus). The vtkpanel is always drawn on the top.

I think this is a general problem of mixing awt/swing which has nothing to do with vtk?

The current Java Version 1.6 solves the problem in case of "OpenGL-Swing integration" with JOGL's GLJPanel?:
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/campbell/archive/2005/09/java2djogl_inte_1.html

Is there a solution for vtk? Can i implement a class such as "vtkGLJPanel" dervied from GLJPanel?

Or even exists any other (good) solution for my problem?

Thanks
Daniel