[vtkusers] vtkPolyData.DeletePoint a serious wart?

jelle jelle.feringa at ezct.net
Thu Jun 28 09:19:48 EDT 2007

While searching on this list, i noticed quite a few developers have been running
in to pretty serious issues with the vtkPolyData.DeletePoint method. The fact
that its use is marking rather than deleting is very tricky, and not in line
with what the method's name suggests I think. Also, the fact that VTK seg faults
from calling vtkPolyData.DeletePoint(validID), is pretty shocking to me,
certainly give the fact that VTK has such a polished and coherent API. Would
suggesting renaming vtkPolyData.DeletePoint -> vtkPolyData.MarkPoint be an idea?

I tried the vtkCleanPolyData trick, as suggested in an older thread dealing with
the topic, but the program still behaves exactly the same.

Cheers,

-jelle