[vtkusers] Don't appear to have VTKConfig.cmake

David Goldsmith David.L.Goldsmith at noaa.gov
Wed Jun 27 13:47:29 EDT 2007

Configuration: Parallels Desktop for Mac Build 3188 emulating Windows XP
Pro Version 2002 SP2 inside Mac OS 10.4.9 on an Intel Mac; In Parallels,
wxWidgets 2.6.4, VTK 5.0.3, and CMake 2.4 Patch 6, all apparently
installed successfully w/ the Windows installers (Start menu provided
samples for wx and VTK start-up successfully, CMake runs and appears to
operate correctly).

Problem: Running CMake to build wxVTK 1.2 results in the following error:

    CMake Error: VTK not Found.  Set the VTK_DIR cmake cache entry to
the directory containing VTKConfig.cmake.  Etc.

But according to Windows' Search tool, I don't have VTKConfig.cmake (I
first tried, unsuccessfully, to find it manually where the installer
installed VTK - in C:/Program Files/VTK 5.0).

Help!

DG

PS: Although long-term I'll need all this working on Parallels, right
now I'm only interrupting my normal Mac work flow because I'm still
waiting for help on the vtk-list-posted problem of make giving me a slew
of Undefined symbol linking errors, beginning with wxOnAssert, after an
apparently successful CMake build of VTK 5.0.3 on my Mac side.

PPS: Sorry for the cross-list post, but I'm not sure if this is more
properly a CMake/VTK problem or a wxVTK problem.

--
ERD/ORR/NOS/NOAA <http://response.restoration.noaa.gov/emergencyresponse/>