[vtkusers] [MacOS 10.4.9, vtk5.0.3, wxWidgets 2.6.4, wxVTK 1.2] Setting "--disable-unicode" in ccmake

David Goldsmith David.L.Goldsmith at noaa.gov
Tue Jun 26 21:21:14 EDT 2007

Hi!  I'm trying to build wxVTK 1.2 w/ ccmake against vtk-5.0.3 and an
ansi debug shared build wxWidgets 2.6.4.  ccmake for wxVTK works w/out
reporting any errors, but when I try make, I get a slew of linking
errors beginning w/

Linking CXX executable
bin/wxImagePlaneWidget.app/Contents/MacOS/wxImagePlaneWidget
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
wxOnAssert(wchar_t const*, int, char const*, wchar_t const*, wchar_t const*)

Earlier I had the same problem w/ wxOnAssert when I was trying to link
against a unicode build of wxWidgets 2.8.4; linking against an ansi
build solved the problem and it was subsequently determined that there
was a unicode-specific bug which has been patched for wx 2.8.4 - but
AFAIK, not for 2.6.4.

Because of this, when I configure wxVTK w/ ccmake, I'd like to
explicitly specify the equivalent of "--disable-unicode," but I don't
see how to do that - please help!

Thanks!

DG
--