[vtkusers] Building VTK as a Mac Framework

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Jun 26 16:34:47 EDT 2007

On 6/26/07 1:16 PM, Karl Merkley said:

>Is there any effort going into building VTK as a Mac Framework?

Like Mike said, the CMake people have added Framework support very
recently (late May, in CVS), but AFAIK it is not finished and not well
tested.  Personally, I don't need VTK as a framework, but it would be
great if this was an option.  I doubt it will be high on anyone's 'to
do' list at kitware, so it will probably fall to 'the community' to do
it.  Want to try?  The snippit example I have is below.  I don't speak
CMake, so it doesn't mean much to me. :)

 project(framework)
 add_library(foo SHARED foo.cxx)
 set_target_properties(foo PROPERTIES
                          FRAMEWORK TRUE