[vtkusers] About ResliceAxes in vtkImageReslice

Henk Jonas MetaView at web.de
Sun Jun 24 06:16:03 EDT 2007

Hi,

using the ImageReslice class to extract slices from a voxel volume, it
seems to me the three different angles are used to create the slice in a
different way:

Assuming I define my coordinate system using 3 unit vectors and rotate
this coordinate system and set the rotated unit vectors as reslice axes:
x' y' z' (gives a slice in the x,y plane and z is a normal vector to
this plane). Now the rotations around x and y lead to a picture as I
would expect it. The plane is rotated and the slice is extracted. A
rotation around z although leads to a picture which looks like as the
slice was extracted using the rotations around x and y and then the
resulting image is rotated around its normal vector. Can someone confirm
this or is it me doing something wrong?

And another question: which parameter do I have to adjust to control the
size of the resliced part from my voxel volume? I only extract a small
square from the volume, it doesn't seem to be the whole possible image.

Best regards
Henk

   Henk Jonas
   Palm OS ® certified developer