[vtkusers] Re: URGENT, PLEASE RESPOND: Getting Voxels from vtkImageData

Valerie R Coffman valerie.coffman at nist.gov
Wed Jun 20 15:50:15 EDT 2007

Hi,

It sounds like what you want to do is somewhat similar to the Picker classes.  I
have written a picker class for my own purposes, which picks the voxel you click
on (assuming you are using a mapper which places voxel (0,0,0) between (0,0,0)
and (1,1,1)).  I found that none of the Picker classes did exactly this.  Maybe
this code will be useful to you?

I'm attaching my VoxelPicker.py class.  It's part of a work in progress, so
I'm not making any promises on how well it works....

Valerie

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/attachments/20070619/79a02e5c/attachment-0001.htm