[vtkusers] Volume render quality with wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor not at best level

Paul Melis paul at science.uva.nl
Fri Jun 15 10:07:40 EDT 2007

Hello,

While displaying a volume from a wxPython app using VTK's
wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor I have the following behaviour: when
interacting with the volume (e.g. rotating it) the render resolution is
decreased as expected, but when interaction ends by releasing the mouse
button the rendering doesn't always return to the highest resolution. A
single click+release in the window always forces a rerender in the
highest resolution in this case. I've set the still update rate on the
wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor to zero, which should make the volume render
in the highest resolution when no interaction is taking place, if I
understand correctly? The desired update rate is set to 10 fps. Also,
I've tried to find the same behaviour when not using wxPython, but plain
Python + VTK and cannot reproduce it. Could this problem be
wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor specific?

Regards,
Paul