[vtkusers] Texture Mapping on a complex model

Christoph Ruetz cruetz at gmx.de
Mon Jun 11 17:54:23 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am using VTK 4.2.x and I am trying to map a texture on a quite complex
model. This model is a extern vtk file in binary format and could be a
human head or somthing else.
I was able to use the example from
http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/4.2/html/c2_vtk_e_5.html#c2_vtk_e_vtkTextureMapToSphere
and it works fine if I create a shape by my own.
If I replace the sphere with a more complex object, like a human head,
than the textures will not fit tightly around the object but create a
rough hull around it. It seems to me that not all points, they are
describe the object, will be used.
Did someone have a similar problem and could post an implementation
example or could help me?

Thanks a lot
Christoph