[vtkusers] Re: help for translating tcl to c++

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Mon Jun 11 11:21:29 EDT 2007

Hi Quan,

Please keep the discussion on the vtkusers list rather than emailing me
directly. That way the discussion is archived and other people can
contribute to finding a solution to your problem.

The problem of not finding the data could be one of two things.
1) Did you download VTKData? You can get it from the VTK download web
page or from CVS: http://www.vtk.org/get-software.php.
2) Many of the Tcl scripts require you to pass "-D /path/to/VTKData" as
a command line argument when you are running the script. If you do not
pass one in, it will not know where to find VTKData on your machine. The
other option is to set VTK_DATA_ROOT to the path to VTKData on your machine.

If you have specific questions about converting a Tcl example to C++,
please ask your questions on the vtkusers list.

- Amy

--
Amy Squillacote
Kitware, Inc.