[vtkusers] installing VTK with VTK_WRAP_PYTHON

Junkichi Sugita j-sugita at ha.netyou.jp
Sun Jun 10 05:32:13 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Thank to this mailing list, last time I could successfully install VTK
in Windows XP(media center edition SP2) environment using Visual C++
2005, and I can build a VTK application.
Now, I want VTK wrapped for python, and  I reran CMake.
Then the following error appears which I could not figure out:

CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
C:/{Source Dir}/Wrapping/Tcl/vtkDetermineTkResources.cmake:4:
Unknown CMake command "VTK_GET_TCL_TK_VERSION".

The cashe values set are:
BUILD_EXAMPLES: ON
BUILD_SHARED_LIBS: ON
VTK_USE_MPEG2_ENCODER: OFF
VTK_USE_PARALLEL: OFF
VTK_USE_RENDERING: ON
VTK_WRAP_JAVA: OFF
VTK_WRAP_PYTHON:ON
VTK_WRAP_TCL: OFF

Does anybody can help me solve this problem?
Thank you in advance.

J. Sugita