[vtkusers] multiple volume rendering

eugen eudyck at web.de
Sat Jun 9 10:24:33 EDT 2007

Hello,

at least since 2003 there are questions in this list about how to render
multiple overlapping volumes.

I realised that vtk does not support such an option, at least it is so
said in many postings... The main ideas to do such a thing by resample all
the volumes to one or the like are often suggested but seem more like a
workaround....

I'm trying to render two volumes that completely overlap each other (CT
and PET from the same person) and I want to modify their transferfunktions
independently... resampling is not an option...

So: how can we (I) add "multiple overlapping volume rendering" to vtk? Why
is that so complicated in vtk (OpenSG and other projects do overlapping
volume rendering)? Has someone already tried this? Where to start?

Any comments are appreciated!

Eugen