[vtkusers] DCMTK question

Luca Pamparana luca.pamparana at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 11:38:01 EDT 2007

Hello,

I know this is not the best forum for this and I apologize for positing
here. However, since many people here have experience with DCMTK, I was
wondering if someone could help me.

I am trying to read the DCM_ImageOrientationPatient tag (0020, 0037).

I have the following code which should get the pointer to the value arrays:

const Float32 * data = 0;
retval = m_dcmFileFormat->getDataset()->findAndGetFloat32Array(
                DCM_ImageOrientationPatient, data).good();

m_dcmFileFormat = DcmFileFormat object pointer.

I have tried it with float and double array types but the method always
returns false.

If someone can help me find what I am doing wrong, I will be much grateful.

Thank you,

Luca