[vtkusers] Errors Building VTK on OS X--with vtkRendering

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jun 2 02:27:36 EDT 2007

Neil Gajare wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am attempting to build VTK on my powerpc, and am having trouble with
> the following errors.  They seem to be related to vtkRendering.  My
> CMAKE configuration was set to the following parameters:
>
> USE_X   on
> USE_CARBON  off
> USE_COCOA  off
> USE_PYTHON  on
>
> I checked, and the OpenGL library directory was correctly set in the
> CMAKE parameters.

If you set USE_X on, you want the following values for the OpenGL
parameters:

OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/usr/X11R6/include
OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY:STRING=-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lGL
OPENGL_glu_LIBRARY:STRING=-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lGLU
OPENGL_xmesa_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/usr/X11R6/include

The OpenGL framework stuff is then automatically pulled in by the X11
versions when it is necessary.

--
Martin