[vtkusers] vtkDICOMImageReader results,..

Miguel Angel Rodriguez Florido marf at itccanarias.org
Fri Jul 27 08:20:37 EDT 2007

	Dear friends,

	Today is the first time that I have used the vtkDICOMReader, however
the results are not apparently good.

	First I have used the vtkDICOMImageReader directly:

vtkDICOMImageReader v16
    v16 SetDirectoryName <path to data>

	In this directory I have files following the pattern: DCT00*.dcm, but I
got the result that you can see in the attached figure. I'm using
vtkImagePlaneWidget and I can see data in 3D but with the same aspect,
while the greyscale values seem good if I check it with a picker on the
image.

	First, I thought that vtkDicomReader is not getting well the image
parameters, although the grayscale values and dimensions were apparently
well. So, I force the parameters:

    v16 SetDataSpacing 0.206 0.206 0.206
    v16 SetDataOrigin 0 0 0.206
    v16 SetDataExtent 0 608 0 608 0 320
    v16 SetDataScalarTypeToShort
    v16 SetDataByteOrderToLittleEndian

but I'm getting the same bad result.

	I don't have previous experience with the DicomReader. I can read and
see it well under ITKReader, but not under VTK. I've tried to read
different dicom datasets, and read the documentation but I got the same
result.

	Do I do something wrong?.
	Is there any detail that I've to take in account?.
	In general, any idea?.

	Thank you very much in advance.

--
Miguel Angel Rodriguez Florido
Center for Technology in Medicine-ULPGC-Gran Canaria-CanaryIslands,Spain