[vtkusers] About some design features of the vtkCamera class not commented in the VTK books

jsl jsantam.gm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 15:59:42 EDT 2007

Hi,

  I've bought both VTK's books but I didn't found any explanation about
some important design aspects of the vtkCamera model considered
in VTK.

I need to know how vtkCamera class implements some theoretic notions
of general camera models. In particular:

Where is placed or how could I fix a given center of projection?

Where is located the view plane? In front of or behind the center of
projection?

When the focal distance is changed, Does also the angle of view automaticaly
change?

Any additional information about this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards.

   Jose.