[vtkusers] vtkOpenGLHAVSVolumeMapper a problem or not ?

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Jul 18 14:41:12 EDT 2007

The HAVS volume mapper was really designed for unstructured grids.  I believe the test, for convenience, converts a structured grid to an unstructured grid.  But this conversion causes the number of cells to grow significantly and virtually guarantees that the rendering rate per cell will be slower.  Neither of things matter for a regression test, but they make a big deal in practice.

In practice, you would really only use the HAVS volume mapper in situations where you start with an unstructured grid.  In this case, the volume ray cast mapper is not really an option.

-Ken