[vtkusers] vtkOpenGLHAVSVolumeMapper a problem or not ?

the.answer3@libertysurf.fr the.answer3 at libertysurf.fr
Wed Jul 18 08:45:43 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I tried to use the vtkOpenGLHAVSVolumeMapper to render a big vtk volume (14 081 Ko). I watched the test TestHAVSVolumeMapper.cxx to see how this mapper works. So I used the same filters, etc... in my program than in the test.
Finally, I have bad results with this mapper since the result is very slower and less detailled than when I use vtkVolumeRayCastMapper. I can understand that the RayCast is more detailled but not faster than the HAVS.

Here is the config of my working PC :
Intel Core 2 6600 - 2Go RAM - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS

That's why I wanted to use the GPU in order to accelerate the render...

Does somebody have an idea on why I have so bad results ?

Gourbish

------------------------ ALICE C'EST ENCORE MIEUX AVEC CANAL+ LE BOUQUET ! ---------------
Découvrez vite l'offre exclusive ALICEBOX et CANAL+ LE BOUQUET, en cliquant ici http://alicebox.fr
Soumis à conditions.