[vtkusers] Re: vtkRenderWindow()->EraseOff() produces blank window! Why?

Aroosha Laghaee A.Laghaee at sms.ed.ac.uk
Sat Jul 7 10:30:36 EDT 2007

Problem solved. It seems that EraseOff() has to be called after a Render()
call to work in the desired way.

An example can be found in walkCow.tcl:
/sys/www/classes/cs5630/vtk/tcl/graphics/examplesTcl/walkCow.tcl

C++ example:
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2000-June/053113.html

I'd still like to know why I was getting a blank window though.

Thanks!
    Aroosha :0)

    Hello all,

    I am transforming and rendering a set of shapes using vtk and would like to
    see the transition of shapes as they are transformed by turning the erase
    option of my render window to off. But this results in the render window
    going blank while the transformations are happening and the shapes rendered.
    I'd be grateful if anyone could tell me what I am doing wrong.

    	m_RenWin = vtkRenderWindow::New();
    	m_RenWin->SetSize(800,300);
    	m_RenWin->EraseOff();

    	m_Iren = vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();
            m_Iren->SetRenderWindow(m_RenWin);
            etc.

    Thank you!
          Aroosha