[vtkusers] Window maximization while big model loaded.

Vladimir Lazunin lazunin.v.aa at m.titech.ac.jp
Fri Jul 6 12:43:06 EDT 2007

I use VTK 5.0.3 with Python on Windows XP. I open a relatively big
polydata (~60 MB ascii .vtk). It opens ok in default size VTK rendering
window. If I resize the window slowly, it's ok. However, if I maximize it,
then the model doesn't get scaled appropriately, but disappears from the
view. If I press a mouse button and move the mouse, it moves not so
smoothly, as if I really still interact with that big model, however
invisible. If i restore the previous window size, the program usually
stops reacting.
What is the problem with resizing VTK window and how, if at all, it's
possible to avoid it?