[vtkusers] how to get the world coordinates of a point?

lin zhang zhanglinsjtu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 08:13:41 EDT 2007

Hello everyone,

I am a rookie in VTK world, so I need solid help from all of you:)
My question is: how to get the world coordinates of a point in a dataset?
When I use dataSet.GetPoint(id), it seems that it returns the
model coordinates. That means even though I made some geometry transforms to
the actor, I still got the same point coordinates with dataSet.GetPoint(id).

I found that someone already discussed this issue before, but I couldnot
find a definite solution.
Sorry to bother you all!

Regards,
Lin Zhang