[vtkusers] Drawing a simple line graph (CONTINUES...)

Isidro Moreno morenoisidro at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Jul 3 20:27:41 EDT 2007

Hi Dean, thanks for your time.

Why should I change "reference coordinate" to NULL? In fact, position2 is
relative to position...

1st) About your question: "//
actor->GetPosition2Coordinate->SetValue(double width, double height) THIS
METHOD AND IT'S FAMILY DON'T WORK!!"
    I wrote "width" and "height" in order to make the things easier to read
and understand, since I had put "x" & "y" instead of "width" and "height"
and someone had asked what was that... Well, "x" & "y" or "width" and
"height" are dimensions of the rectangle in which the actor (in this case, a
line) is drawn. As you might have seen,
actor->GetPosition2Coordinate->SetValue(...) difines the upper-right corner
of the mentioned rectangle, and theese values are distances relative to
"Position" (actor->GetPositionCoordinate->GetValue()  ) coordinates
(lower-left corner of the rectangle) - what I've told the paragraph above.

2nd) I don't use another 2D soft because I'm working on simple codes for VTK
teaching purposes. And I think drawing on the plane would be the best way to
start for the students.

So, I've seen vtkActor2D.h and vtkXYPlotActor.h but I don't understand what
you're trying to tell me, could you be more clear?. Everything should work
fine.. HOWEVER, I found there is no definition of GetPositionCoordinates()
and GetPosition2Coordinates() methods in vtkActor2D.h . Where are them
defined in?

Finally I tried with actor->PrintSelf(cout,0) and everything seemed to be
OK...

Thanks, very much! Isidro.

About: "doing 2D XY plots with VTK from scratch is a bit like hammering a
thumbtack with a sledgehammer" I think this, doesn't match with "VTK's
flexibility".