[vtkusers] How to subclass vtkInteractorStyle / vtkInteractorStyleUser

Mark Kobine mark at bugless.co.uk
Tue Jul 3 17:18:35 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am trying to implement a custom interactor by subclassing
vtkInteractorStyleUser. All I need to do initially is capture the left
mouse button press. I have implemented an OnLeftButtonDown()
method (and corresponding Up method). These simply print out some
debug, to indicate that the event has been captured, and then call the
base class method. I get the debug output fine but the left mouse
button no longer functions.

Can anyone please help?

Can anyone point me in the direction of an example of how to use
vtkInteratorStyleUser?

Many thanks,
Mark