[vtkusers] Mac OS X, Java guru needed, please.

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Jan 18 12:51:04 EST 2007

On 2007-01-18 11:43, Mike Jackson said:

>And just following up with what I did to get Java/Vtk working together:
>
>I am guessing somewhere in the CMakeLists.txt files for vtk there is
>a missing link library (-framework JavaVM) for those that need it. I
>manually edited the link.txt file to add this and the compile went
>ok. As far as changing values in ccmake I changed the following:
>
>Build Shared libs: ON
>Build Cocoa: ON (Java 1.4 and above in OS X is based on Cocoa, NOT
>Carbon.. although I would think Carbon might work also since VTKJava
>is simply passing through JNI for the calls)
>RPATH: ON
>Testing: OFF
>Examples: OFF
>Java Wrapping: ON
>Carbon: OFF
>X: OFF

This thread is getting confusing. :)  If I understand right, you are
saying, basically, that there is a bug in vtk making it impossible to
build in this particular configuration, right?

If so, it is disturbing that no dashboard has detected this!

This one: <http://www.vtk.org/Testing/Sites/midworld.kitware/DarwinG5-c+
+-cocoa/20070118-0300-Nightly/Notes.html> has:

Build Shared libs: ON
Build Cocoa: ON
RPATH: whatever default is (OFF i think)
Testing: ON
Examples: ON
Java Wrapping: ON
Carbon: OFF
X: default (OFF)

And it builds fine.  What do you think is making the difference?

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com