[vtkusers] Extracting the zero levelset curve in VTK

Mark Gooding mark.gooding at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 09:12:58 EST 2007

On 10/01/07, Arne Hansen <bsd.diverse at gmail.com> wrote:

> So if i am not much mistaken this cannot find zerocrossings, but only show
> specified values. Correct?

No, the contour filter finds the iso-surface, regardless of whether
the any points exist at this value. So setting:

ObjectContourFilter->SetValue(0,0)
(first value is contour id, second value is value of isosurface)

will set a contour for the zerocrossing.

I use a threshold first to set the implicit function to +/- 1 and then
find the contour, but that is partly because I am running multiple
level-sets.

Cheers,

Mark