[vtkusers] Please help a frustrated user.

Tim Reynolds razialx at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 15:39:37 EST 2007

Hello,

I am trying to develop some applications in c++ in Linux using VTK. However,
I can not get cmake/ccmake to compile anything and I can not just find a
simple makefile or example of the command I would use with g++ to link my
source to the vtk libraries.

I am using VTK 5 in Ubuntu linux. I have tried all day to get anything to
work in Windows but have only had failure.
VTK is install in
/usr/lib/vtk-5.0

When I try to use ccmake after running cmake -i on the sample programs it
throws a number of different errors including failure to load
CMakeCache.txtfrom /usr/lib/vtk-
5.0/CMakeCache.txt despite my telling it to load the one in the example
directory, to not having VTK_USE_RENDERING set.

I really dislike cmake, so if I could get some help that would be great.
Really, I just need a makefile or something. Thank you.

--
Tim Reynolds
-- Self Proclaimed King Of Nerds