[vtkusers] Getting the display coordinate from an image data coordinate

Jesús Spí­nola jspinola at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 07:10:34 EST 2007

Hello,

I'm viewing a vtkImageData object with vtkImageViewer2. Given a coordinate
from the given vtkImageData object ( the image coordinate could be given in
pixel space or world space ) I want to know how can I get the corresponding
point in display coordinates where it's drawn by the renderer.

My first approach was to compute the display coordinates of the image with
the SetWorldPoint(), WorldToDisplay() and GetDisplayPoint() methods from
vtkRenderer, but I'm also rotating and flipping the image with the camera
and the world points are undesrtood to be the world points from the scene,
not from my corresponding image, so my display coordinates are not the ones
I want.

I want to know how to obtain the mapped display coordinate for the
coordinates in the image space.

Thanks in advance!