[vtkusers] vtkCommonJava.dll problem PLEASE HELP!!

David Marshburn marshbur at cs.unc.edu
Tue Feb 27 12:57:38 EST 2007

> Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 23:53:11 +0000
> From: "Bartlomiej Wilkowski" <wilku_83 at o2.pl>
> Subject: Re: [vtkusers] vtkCommonJava.dll problem PLEASE HELP!!
>
> Thanks 4 help till now. The problem is that my *.jar executable works fine
> on the computers with Visual Studio installed. On the others, I have this
> error I described earlier...:(
>
> do you have any more clues?

----------------

hi bartek,

you probably need to copy an msvc*.dll file (like msvcrt.dll, for
instance) into the directory with your other dlls.  you should be able to
find the dll buried somewhere in the visual studio directory on your
machines that have visual studio installed (and also in windows' system32
directory).  the exact file you copy depends on 1) which version of visual
studio, and 2) which run-time library you generated code for when you
built the c++ stuff (or, copy all the msvc*.dll files.  these are the
run-time libraries from visual studio, but they aren't otherwise
distributed as a part of windows.

good luck!

-david