[vtkusers] Re:MPEG2writer patented?

Michael Knopke Michael.Knopke at gmx.de
Tue Feb 27 04:02:58 EST 2007

Thanks Berk and David,
ok, I just tried and got linker errors with vtk5.0 (I still use an older cvs-snapshot (released before 5.0) where you didn't have to manually download and link the lib, that's why I was confused).
So using vtkAVIWriter should give you uncompressed files and I guess there is no way of using any windows installed codecs for real time compression? (otherwise there wouldn't be need for an ogg-theora based writer, I guess)

I have another question regarding VTK5.0. The reason I still use the old snapshot is that VTK5.0 doesn't contain some useful widgets like the vtkDistanceWidget and vtkAngleWidget. What is the roadmap for official release of a new VTK version that hopefully includes more widgets?

Also: I tried the newest cvs and everything that I use works well, except the vtkAngleWidget (and some minor probs like vtkLabelActor2D...). Where to report those problems (bugtracker?) or is there no need for this?

Thanks again

Michael